The Rhode Island Democratic Party is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to serve as Executive Director and lead our Party through 2022 and beyond. The Rhode Island Democratic Party’s (RIDP) Executive Director’s primary responsibilities are to oversee all programs of the RIDP, build and manage the team, and lead the party staff through special elections, general elections, and coordinated campaigns. The Executive Director is responsible for well-managed Party programs that build the Party at the grassroots level and strengthen its infrastructure.
- Manages communications, digital, finance, voter protection, compliance, data, field, organizing and canvassing staff, expectations and work output;
- Implements all strategies and processes set forth by the Chair and leadership of the Party;
- Maintains close working relationships with such partners as, but not limited to — DNC, DGA, ASDC, and ASDED, Veterans + Military Families Council, LGBTQ+ Caucus, I’m ABLED, student Democrats, and other official national and local partners;
- Builds and develops relationships with local, state, and federal elected officials;
- Serves as a spokesperson as appropriate;
- Keeps a current and working knowledge of campaign finance, election, and compliance laws, and works to ensure all Party activities are compliant;
- Builds, tracks, and assesses budgets for the state party and various campaigns;
- Manages the development and oversight of political and campaign strategies;
- Supports creating, building, and growing the city/town democratic committees statewide;
- Recruits, interviews, and hires staff;
- Institutes a robust apparatus for fundraising
- A minimum of four (4) years direct campaign experience – executive experience working on a coordinated campaign, statewide, or congressional political campaign or a state Democratic political party preferred;
- Experience managing a large and highly skilled team;
- Familiarity with multi-million dollar budgets and complex tracking and financial
- compliance laws and theory;
- Strong time-management skills with ability to manage multiple projects and
- competing priorities under strict deadlines;
- Detail-oriented with exceptional record-keeping and organizational skills;
- Responsive and positive team leader who enjoys versatility and constant new challenges;
- Exceptional ‘people’ skills, with excellent, verbal, written, and analytical skills;
- An unwavering commitment to accuracy and results;
- Effective computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, NGP/VAN, Google Docs;
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of six years of related work experience; and
- An unwavering commitment to Democratic values.
HOW TO APPLY:
This is a full-time position based in Warwick, RI. Salary is commensurate with experience. The application deadline will be Sunday January 31, 2021. Please send resume, cover letter, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include “Executive Director” in the subject line.
The Rhode Island Democratic Party is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The RIDP is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.