Title: Data Director
The Rhode Island Democratic Party (RIDP) is seeking a Data Director to handle its day-to-day data needs. The individual will work across departments and with the Democratic National Committee (DNC) to use data to build successful campaigns at the national, state and local levels. We are looking for a passionate, hardworking individual committed to electing Rhode Island Democrats and encourage all qualified applicants with campaign experience to apply.
Status: Full-time employment. Salary and benefits commensurate with experience and qualifications. The Data Director reports to the Executive Director.
- Work closely with the DNC and Secretary of State’s office to ensure timely and accurate updates of the voter file, absentee data, and polling locations
- Administer the RIDP’s VAN committees, including user permissions, accounts, shared data sets, and other settings
- Develop and deliver training and best practices, particularly around VAN and other voter contact tools
- Provide support to committee administrators and users by setting up troubleshooting standards and systems of communication
- Oversee contracts, payments, and access to VAN
- Create voter contact and volunteer recruitment universes, as needed
- Provide analysis of voter contact results, program health, early vote and absentee turnout, voter registration, and other data relevant to campaigns, and present these outcomes effectively to leadership
- Build automated workflows to streamline data tasks
- Manage RIDP GSuite, and security practices
- Help RIDP make smart, efficient choices about their technology and choice of vendor
- Enthusiasm for Democratic politics
- Advanced knowledge of VAN/ Votebuilder, Excel and Google Sheets
- At least two (2) cycles of electoral campaign experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, while remaining detail- oriented and focused on deadlines.
- Ability to take direction and work independently: take initiative and provide data-oriented solutions to departments across the organization
- Excellent ability to communicate data-driven recommendations to non-technical audiences
- SQL, python, or any other language efficient for analyzing large datasets
- Google Data Studio, Tableau, Shiny, or other data visualization languages or platforms
- Experience as a G-Suite Administrator
- Familiarity with predictive models and probabilities, and their application to voter targeting/segmentation
Send a resume to Kate@campaignfixer.com, with the subject line “Data Director,” by April 30, 2021.
The Rhode Island Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer, and employs without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, family medical status or genetic information, military service, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, height, weight, creed, economic status or disability.